Thursday, 29 September 2011

Speaking to Colin was very helpful on Monday, we discussed my ideas so far and it was suggested I stick to objects around 1818; this will give a more realistic conception of the objects which Shelley would have imagined Frankenstein using. It was also agreed that I should stick to doing simply the model box, rather than both a model box and a prop. I'm slightly relived as I wasn't truly convinced I would have enough time to make both at an acceptable level.

For the model box I thought about using the same plans as I used last year, however I'm thinking that that model box may be slightly too small. When I visited the Royal Opera House in Purfleet, the model box they used was very big (granted, the stage is also very big), so maybe I could get the plans from some contacts I have at the ROH or I could remeasure the plans I have got so they are 1:121/2.


As decided, I went to London on Tuesday to re-visit the Science Museum and take a look at The Old Operating Theatre, which was staggeringly helpful in terms of props and to help me get a better idea of possible scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment